Monday, August 11, 2014

Our Back to School Hairstyle



Hello Readers...

I can't believe it's that time again... School is back in session for our little babies... But between you and me, I have to admit, I'm glad!  Summer Camp can get very expensive after a few weeks.  

Little Man is now a Second Grader and Ms. Bree is a Kindergartner, where has the time gone? I can't believe our son will be turning eight years old in just a few weeks :) 

Because the children attended Summer Camp at their old school.  Which has similar camp hours as their current school, it definitely made the entire process of preparing the kids for a new school year a lot easier. 

I have always try to prepare myself mentally for the first day of school and I'm the first one to say that I always fail miserably.   

I have always hated the idea of children crying, I've never been able to manage listening to  a child cry and even worse when it's my child.   I'm sure all of you can relate to this and know exactly what I'm talking about.  

My daughter has always been my social butterfly! The child who is not shy or afraid to ask a stranger to look at her dress, her hair style or whatever it is she is proud to show. 

This time, she shed tears and was very uncertain of herself.  Unfortunately, her best friend was not assigned to the same classroom and all she saw were new faces, which I believe, can intimidate anyone. So I could understand how she felt.
  
As a parent, it was difficult  to see tears rolled down her little face, my first thought was.. "I can take her home and we can try this tomorrow", but what good would that have done? So, I had to pull my big girls panties all the way up  to my neck (okay maybe not that up, after all that can't be very comfortable... hahhaaaa) and I had to remind myself that she was going to be just fine. 

Regardless as to how many times I told myself that she was going to be fine and she was going to have fun once her day started, leaving her was not an easy thing to do!

To be honest, I expected for my son to go through a meltdown, he has always been my baby and has had confidence issues.  He has gotten a lot better and during the first day of school he demonstrated how much he has  grown.  We could see the nervousness in his eyes but he quickly gave me a kiss and sent me on my way.. :)  

I wish I could prevent or at least prepare all parents and children for the first day of school so less nerves could be experienced and/or less tears be shed but I can't.. but what we can do is give you ideas on how to style their hair so that your little princess can have more confidence on herself... 

BACK TO SCHOOL HAIRSTYLE


I opted for Pony Tails and Braids.. something very simple and semi protective for the first few days of school.

Products Used: 

1. Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer; 
2. Castor Oil Mix;
3. Pony Tail holders; and
4. Flower Barrettes (or your favorite accessories)

Here are some other amazing Hair Ideas: 

by Danielle L.





















I found the below image and poem on Google and has stayed with me and I thought I would share it with all of you! 



We wish all of your little ones a great school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment