Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Costume- Frankie Stein

Hello everyone and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 

This year has been exceptionally busy for our household.  From Football games, Gymnastics, Dance classes and of course, homework and school projects.

Ms Bree is attending a new school of dance, Maxine Patterson School of Dance.  She is still learning ballet and tap but to me this school is one hundred percent better than her last school.  

With a new school comes a new teacher and with a new teacher comes a new routine.  Her teacher is amazing with kids and the one hour recital the little one's performed for us, the parents, was definitely fun to watch.   

Since it was a Halloween themed dance all the dancers were asked to wear their Halloween Costume.  Although Ms. Bree loves "Elsa" from the Disney movie "Frozen", she decided to switch things up a bit and chose Frankie Stein from Monster High. 

At first, she wanted me to flat iron her hair and use the cans of paint Party City has available.  But I decided for a Frankie Wig (children's size).  Flat ironing her hair then adding the paint sounded to damaging to her curly tresses for my liking.  The cold weather has arrived in my neck of the woods and with that, her hair needs extra TLC.  

Here is how we accomplished her look: 

FRANKIE STEIN from MONSTER HIGH



The Clothes


*Black Leotard;
*Monster High Tutu purchased from Party City.

The Accessories


*Monster High- Frankie Stein Necklace; 
*Monster High- Frankie Stein tights
*Shoes- her every day Mary Jane shoes in black.
*Monster High- Glitter Body tattoos.


The Hair


*Monster High- Frankie Stein Wig (Child size) 
     Although the girl on the picture is older than Ms. Bree, the wig fit perfectly. 

Ms Bree got dressed first; 


The Make Up Kit we found at Walmart for $4.99 
This is the first time I apply make up to Ms. Bree, although her daddy had requested a couple of time for me to apply a light make up during her recitals but I've never done it. 

I decided to do it this year because she kindly said, "just my eyes and my lip gloss", so I thought, why not? right.. 

Although Ms Bree was looking at the picture of the girl on the "Wig" wrap, I was never going to agree to such heavy make  up.  I know, I know, it was a Halloween themed dance but I thank goodness she didn't ask for something heavy.   


The Kit came with four eye shadow colors: Green, light pink, deep blue and purple.  
Ms Bree chose Green and Purple... although the blue would have been a better choice, it was way too dark... Yep, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.. :)


I started by applying moisturizer all over her face, carefully avoiding the eye area; 

This particular kit came with two eye shadow applicators but I used my finger instead when  applying the green eye shadow all over her eye lid;

Then using the side of the applicator I applied the pink eye shadow on the top part of her eye lid, starting from where the bone begins up to the bottom of the eye brow. 

No eye liner or mascara for this little one, at least not  yet! :) 

However, I did use a black eye liner to recreate the scar Frankie Stein has on her face. 

*extra tip*: I believe a "liquid" eye liner would have worked better for this.  

Having her hair in Braids was the best thing I could have done.  It allowed me to put the Wig on with having to stuff all that hair in the small cap.  Having the hair in large pony tails can also cause the wig to not fit properly. 

I used three pins to make sure her Wig wouldn't fall in the middle of her dance. But I really don't think they were necessary at all. 


Like mother like daughter; I love touching my hair, specially now when it's very long... Ms. Bree is really not that far behind, she touched, touched, pulled and touched some more!  Thankfully, her wig stayed in place and didn't fall at all. 

Simple yet beautiful! 

A full length video of her dance will be available on our YouTube Channel, so make sure you subscribe to it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment